1. Maintain a healthy fear of conflict.
2. Be vague and general when you state your concerns.
3. Assume you know all the facts and you are totally right. (Do most of the talking)
4. With a touch of defiance, announce your willingness to discuss the matter with anyone but avoid any constructive conversations about it.
5. Latch tenaciously onto whatever evidence suggests the other person is jealous of you.
6. Judge the motivations of the other party based on previous experience, keeping track of failures and angry words.
7. Avoid possible solutions and go for total victory and unconditional surrender.
8. Pass the buck!
(adopted from) Repairing the Breach